This website is sponsored by the LCHS Patriot Band Boosters, a non-profit 501(c)(3)
organization. This is a booster club website. Opinions expressed on this page shall
not be attributed to Garland ISD.
Tuesday, April 26th (Front Ensemble Clinic), & Wednesday, April 27th (Battery
Clinic), 4:30 – 6:00 PM, LC Band Hall:
· Anyone wishing to be on the drum line must attend these clinics. We will introduce
you to all of the marching percussion equipment, from snare, tenors, bass, and cymbals
(battery) to keyboards and synth (front ensemble). All percussionists must attend
these clinics before the auditions.
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2:45 – 6:00 PM, LC Band Hall:Drum Line Auditions (Mandatory)
· Anyone wishing to be on the drum line MUST attend this audition. You will be placed
on snare drum, tenor drums, bass drum, cymbals, or front ensemble. Double reed players
who are not auditioning for Color Guard are required to audition as well. You must
still audition for band on May 9-10. Percussionists have two auditions: 1 for drum
line and 1 for band schedule placement.
Tuesday, May 10th, 4:00 – 5:30 PM, LC Band Hall:Band Auditions (Mandatory)
· This is the day Lakeview will hold auditions for the Patriot Band. Students at
Lyles, Brandenburg, and O’Banion will audition during band class times on their campus.
You may sign up for band with your counselor now. Auditions are held for band placement
only. The audition music will be the same for every high school in GISD.
COLOR GUARD INFORMATION (Required of all students wishing to be in Color Guard):
· Monday - Tuesday, May 2-3, Clinic, Band Hall, 4:30-6:00 pm
· Tuesday, May 3, Parent meeting at 6:00 pm (Q&A about Color Guard Time/Financial
· Thursday, May 5, Auditions (gym), Guard Officer auditions immediately after